LIFETIME SHARPENING SERVICE
Mission Knives offers a lifetime sharpening service on all of our blades. This service is free for the life of the tool. We only ask that you pay any incoming/outgoing shipping charges. Here's how to take advantage of this service:
- Print out the WARRANTY & REPAIR FORM and fill out the form. Please be sure to include the filled out form with the knife you're sending in.
- Please click on the link to print out WARRANTY & REPAIR FORM
- Be sure to pack your blade in a manner to prevent it from puncturing the packaging and causing damage to handlers. Shipping it in a sheath is the best method.
- Choose a carrier whom issues tracking numbers for packages.
- Send well packaged products to:
ATTN: Sharpening Service
10372 TRASK AVE UNIT C GARDEN GROVE, CA 92843
Upon receipt, we will inspect your product and schedule it into production for sharpening and clean up. We will contact you by phone when the service is complete to process payment for return shipping charges.
Mission Knives will make a best effort attempt to improve the condition of your knife. If we determine that we cannot improve the condition of your knife, we will notify you by phone and return your tool with no additional shipping charges.
PLEASE NOTE: Sharpening involves removing material to regain the cutting edge on a blade. Over time, a knife edge that has been used and sharpened numerous times may change visually or dimensionally from the original form.
It is highly recommended that a conical, non-magnetic and waterproof DIAMOND sharpener be used to sharpen both the blade and the serrations of your Mission knife.
- Keep the blade at an approximate 20 degree angle constantly while sharpening.
- Sharpen ONLY one side until a "burr" develops.
- Sharpen the OTHER side until a "burr" develops.
- Alternate sharpening sides at an increased angle (approximately 25 degrees), while using progressively lighter and lighter pressure until the “burrs” are removed.
- Sharpen ONLY the front (angled) face of the serrations and NEVER the back (flat) side of the serrations.
- Use the original angle to develop a burr.
- Wipe the burr off the back by lying the sharpener flat against the back of the blade and make one or more passes to actually “cut” the burr off the back of the serration.
NOTE: Using a sharpener not certified as non-magnetic or any sharpener that was used to sharpen any type of steel or other magnetic material can create the potential for magnetic contamination of the knife blade via magnetic material cross-contamination
SHARPENING & WARRANTY SERVICES
Mission Knives provides life time sharpening & warranty services on all of our knives. Mission Knives automatically registers all knives bought directly from Mission Knives into a WARRANTY list that keeps track of all knives & products for our free services.
SHARPENING & WARRANTY SERVICES REGISTRATION
Mission Knives provides life time sharpening & warranty services on all of our knives. Mission Knives automatically registers all knives bought directly from Mission Knives into a WARRANTY list that keeps track of all knives & products for our free services. When you buy a Mission Knife from a "Third Party Seller", "Re-Sellers", "Dealers" , or other websites, it does NOT include the free services provided by Mission Knives. Therefore, we ask that you only pay a one time registration fee that will register you into the WARRANTY list for free lifetime services. Services that are included for "Life Time Warranty" are listed below
- REPAIRS / REQUESTS
- HANDLE REPLACEMENT
- CLIP REPLACEMENT